Stroke Risk Screening
Stroke is formed as a result of cerebral vascular deficits, its incidence increases exponentially from 30 years of age. In fact, the signs of stroke are traceable through risk screening, in which we can identify the health status of the cerebral vessels, intervention can be taken to lower the risk of strokes.
It is advised to conduct a regular brain check up, and the frequency depends on your age group as follow:
|30-40 years old||5 - 8 years|
|40-60 years old||5 years|
|over 60 years old||3 - 5 years|
HKBSSP offers a comprehensive Stroke Screening Programme, screening individuals for known risk factors of stroke and implementing management of modifiable risk factors, the programme includes:
- Detailed medical history taking
- Measurement of: body weight, height, blood pressure and BMI
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Detailed neurological, vascular & stroke risk assessment and explanation of results by our vascular neurosurgeon
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Diabetic Screening
- Lipid Profile
- Full Liver Functions
- Renal / Kidney Functions
- Gout Screening / Uric acid
- Urine Routine Analysis
- Clotting Profile
- Comprehensive Cancer Marker Profile
- Chest X-ray
Our vascular neurosurgeon will evaluate the test results from the above items, and will recommend further neuro-radiological imaging, electro-neuro-physiological study & any related tests if necessary.
For further information of what each item includes and price, please contact us via +852 2367 6116 or make booking now.